Incisive Media and InvestmentEurope are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Hotel Kamp and the Helsinki Roundtable
• The pears and apples for this event are sourced from Finland
• The apple juice was chosen over orange juice as it is Finnish, fresh and organic
• The biscuits served are from Finnish bakery
• The hotel will serve organic Finnish rye bread with Finnish cheese
• The berry smoothie served is made using Finnish berries
• A portion of leftover food is used in the staff canteen where possible and the remaining is put into bio waste.
• Hotel Kamp used V2 water served in re-usable glass bottles
• The hotel used LED and energy saving light bulbs
• 100% of the energy at the hotel comes from renewable sources supplied but a green energy company.
• The hotel has 10 cycle spaces available for guests and offered free bicycles that the guests can use. They also offer walking maps for the city.
• The hotel does not use any single use plastics.
• The hotel recycles; bio, paper, carton, metal, glass and small electronics.
• In Helsinki all waste is brought to waste-to-energy plan and does not go to landfill.
• There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website
• The banner used at the event is made from cardboard (the middle is made from recycled material) and is fully recyclable.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit: https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/