Incisive Media and InvestmentEurope are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit: https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
ESG Pan European Summit
• We have asked our event sponsors to join the effort by reducing their printed materials and give-aways
• Approximately 70% of the produce on the event menus are locally sourced
• All tea/coffee served is sustainable
• All food waste will be collected by a sustainable disposal supplier and recycled into biogas
• The Dolder Grand has; banned PET Bottles for all hotel staff and every team member has received a reusable bottle. Nearly all light bulbs in the hotel are sensor LEDs. All hand soaps are collected and donated to charities which reuse them. Works together with the company, Kitro, who analyse onsite food waste with cameras and weighing scales to reduce it. Sources their energy from renewable sources. A bike parking space for up to 30 bikes
• Dinner wine is locally sourced
• No single use plastics
• The hotel offers E-Bikes upon request and a complimentary shuttle service every hour into the city. Public transport runs directly behind the hotel which also offers a convenient and "green" way to get into town. Concierge have maps detailing how to reach the city centre centre including a range of ways through the adjoining forest.
• The hotel housekeeping department works with EnAW to find solutions to reduce chemicals in their soap and beauty product consumption
• Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or reusable