Incisive Media and InvestmentEurope are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Please note that we will not longer print programmes for our events, however the event website will be available to view speaker and programme information.
Sustainability at the event
• The tea and coffee served is Fairtrade and organic.
• Water will be served in jugs of tap water.
• All food served at the event is homemade in the hotel kitchen.
• There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website.
Sustainability at Hotel d'Angleterre
• Leftover food at the venue transforms to BIOgas. In the kitchen at Hotel d´Angleterre three 1500 liter bio tanks converts all food waste to biogas, which decreases the hotel's C02 with 11 ton per year and is equivalent to 26.5 thousand kw hours.
• All light bulbs at the hotel are gradually being replaced with LED bulbs and sensors in the hall ways and offices turns off lights when no movement is detected.
• The venue uses a green energy supplier.
• An important step in strengthening the environmental profile of Hotel d´Angleterre has been to install district cooling, delivered from Copenhagen Energy's large district cooling central in Adelgade in the centre of town. By changing the old uninsulated windows and replacing them with triple glazed windows as well as establishing a completely new roof, the entire building has become energy efficient. Furthermore all windows are equipped with automatic canopies that drives out when the sun is shining directly on the building, meaning the need for cooling the building is hugely decreased.
• The hotel doesn't use single use plastic.
• The material recycled on site is as follows: Paper, Carbon, Plastic (Soft-Hard), Metal, Glass, China, BIO waste, Electronics etc.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/